Wednesday, June 4, 2014

More Than Service to Their Country

My brother recently told me that his local Rommel-Conklin VFW Post 7064 out of Tabor Iowa was doing more than double duty on Memorial Day 2014. They were actually serving 9 different cemetery's on the same day - Waubonsie - Fairview - Hastings - Randolph - Tabor - Mount Zion - Thurman - Grand View and Sidney.

That's what I call serving those who deserve to be remembered for their service to our country. No cemetery too small, forgotten or too far away for these men who continue to serve beyond the call of duty.

When I think of Jesus I know He is someone that never forgets - never debates if someone is in need and wonders if He can or should reach out a helping hand. Isn't He really the First Responder - the One that answers to His Call of Duty at all times and in all places and for all people?

I know many people who are concerned with some of their family or friends wondering if they really know God - do they really believe in Jesus - or just think He isn't who He says He is. It is time now for you to answer your Call of Duty - to spread the Good News that Jesus lives and saves and is the only answer to eternal life. It's not always easy to share your beliefs but it is the right thing to do.

Thank you to Tom - Jon - Stan - Barry - Cal - Dave - Larry - Fred - Larry - Merrill - Art - Frank - Walt and all the others who served and continue to serve their God and country!

Lord, You alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing. You guard all that is mine.
The land You have given me is a pleasant land. What a wonderful inheritance!
I will bless the Lord Who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me.
I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me.
No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice. My body rests in safety. Psalm 16:5-9

Go with God - He's the Way - the Truth - the Life !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment