Thursday, June 26, 2014

How to Keep Jesus in the Conversation

In 2013 I made the decision to purchase a license plate that would carry the name of Jesus. This license plate is a Grand View University plate that costs $50.00 the first time and then the cost is reduced. The plate bears the message below:



You can try to figure out how I came up with that message and I can tell you it wasn't easy. I tried to think of something that is a message to others when I am driving to work - going down the interstate or just sitting in a parking lot - it has the name of Jesus -

It felt like a nudge from the Holy Spirit, but I had negative feelings - like the devil was saying - Don't do it - I remember the day I went to pick up the license plates - I was nervous - you say - really? It was a feeling of something fighting me - things like people will say - who do you think you are putting the name of Jesus on your vehicle - I knew that's what God wanted -

I am The Lord - that is My Name - I will not yield My Glory to another - Isaiah 42:8

First I was going to use - Y H W H - I thought - people will think it's initials for a husband and wife and not know what Yahweh means - then I decided - 3 IN 1 - then I figured the guesses would be it's not a triple double in basketball or there must be some hidden message - Father - Son and Holy Spirit - three being one God

Since 1 Jesus has been out there I've witnessed many responses - in front of the Jordan Creek Theatre I stopped to let a man go through the cross walk - halfway through he stops and makes the sign - like we're number one - he continues to walk with his hand high and spins around - I thought - what was that all about - then I realized it was the message on the license plate - he was praising God -

A man working security at the gate at Menard's said - 1 Jesus huh - let me tell you how He saved my life one night - I know the moment and no man or book can ever tell me more about the Power that God showed me that night and it changed my life -

A group of construction workers met me at a 4 way stop in Denison waving their hands with thumbs up as they looked my way or the day I drove out of the parking lot with the license plate on for the first time - the lot attendant says  - how did you get that wonderful message on your plate - or the high school kid at Arby's - or the driver at Keck Airport Parking just saying - I like your plate

None of this story is about me - seriously - it's all about God - a simple way for others to be reminded there is One God - He wants His name out there - He wants Christians to proclaim the Good News -  a symbol for God - a Cross necklace - the fish symbol - a Cross tattoo - a shirt proclaiming the message - God's Not Dead - people see it and they respond - a reminder to make someone's day better

I will tell everyone about your righteousness - All day long I will proclaim Your Saving Power - though I am not skilled with words - Psalm 71:15

I think of the song - Lift High the Cross - I encourage you to lift high that message to anyone you can - He calls on us to make Him known to others !!!




2 comments: